This directory is a comprehensive listing of day spas, hotel and resort spas in key cities including Ho Chi Minh City, southern cities and islands, Hanoi and the central region (Nha Trang, Danang/Hoi An).
Below is a general Spa guideline to assist you in preparing for your spa experience. Vietnam has a diverse range of spas from the urban day spas in Ho Chi Minh City to resort spas in idyllic remote islands. You can expect to be pampered and receive attentive care and hospitable service that the Vietnamese are renown for. Enjoy your Vietnam Spa experience!
Spas are designed to enhance your health and well-being. Spa treatments normally include massage, facials, body treatments and nail care. Below is a guide to the different types of spas to assist you in finding the right spa experience for you.
Day Spas offers spa treatments on a day-use only. These may include stand-alone day spas and hotel spas.
Resort spas have a spa, fitness and outdoor sports facility i.e., swimming pool, tennis court. They may offer healthy cuisine but do not offer it exclusively.
Destination Spas is dedicated to helping individuals develop a healthy lifestyle through spa treatments, healthy cuisine, fitness / weight management, and stress reduction programs. They normally require a minimum of 2 nights stay but the longer the program, the more effective the results.
Medical Spas are not designed for pampering or relaxation. They are results-oriented treatments that use medical equipment and medical-grade products and require a doctor or nurse’s supervision for such treatments as botox injections and stem cell therapy.
Mineral Spring Spas can normally be found in areas that have natural mineral, thermal or seawater that is used in hydrotherapy treatments.
All spas offer a basic range of treatments, which are massage therapy, facials, body treatments. These days, beauty services such as hair and nail care are becoming an essential part of spa offerings.
Massage therapy is a full-body massage that uses a variety of gliding, kneading, and deep strokes to work on the muscle tissue, releasing tension and improving circulation. Massage is scientifically-proven to offer health benefits such as reducing stress, lowering blood pressure and improving blood circulation. Examples of different types of massage include Swedish Massage, Warm Stone Massage, Sports Massage, and Thai Massage.
Facial treatments normally include cleansing, exfoliation, toning, face massage, and moisturizing to nourishing and replenish the skin. Professional skincare products are normally used although some spas prefer to use 100% natural such as a cucumber mask.
Body treatments can be a body scrub or a body wrap. A body scrub is essentially a full-body facial with the aim of removing dead skin cells through exfoliation with products such as a cream body scrub or a natural exfoliant like sea salt. A body wrap is designed to nourish the skin and stimulate the metabolic system. Mud, algae and seaweed are common natural products used in a body wrap. The treatment finishes with a shower and light massage with hydrating lotion.
Below are some tips to assist you with making the most of your spa experience. Remember a good or bad experience can result from our expectations – so know what to expect!
1. Make an appointment to ensure there is space available for the date and time you prefer or else you may end up wasting your time by just showing up and expecting to get a slot.
2. Arrive at least 10-15 minutes early to allow yourself time to unwind before starting your treatment.
3. It is advised that you keep things of value such as jewelry and money in the safe at your hotel or at home. Some spas may not have a locker to keep your valuables.
4. Advise the spa attendant of any health contra-indications or specific requests prior to your treatment to ensure a safe and relaxing experience.
5. It is recommended to remove contact lenses to allow for greater comfort.
6. You will be asked to remove all your clothing for a body massage. Robes and disposable underwear are normally provided.
7. You will only need to remove your top for a facial treatment.
8. Take time after your treatment to enjoy a cup of warm tea and re-balance yourself before returning to the real world!